Forum is now read-only.

Eyebody

doddod
edited February 2007 in Alternative views
Peter Grunwald's 'Eyebody' method

http://eyebody.com/

Comments

• I have been using the eyebody glasses and find when I put them on there is an immediate decrease in neck tension. So far I've seen no indication that they improve eye sight when they are removed. I have used them while watching TV and playing some computer games.
    A few days ago I decided to try putting an eyepatch on my dominant eye. I have found this has a stronger effect and broadens the range of activities I can do. Reading is quite easy. This is also a much cheaper route for people to try.
    I would definitely recommend people trying this as it can be fit into your life easily.
  • I've used pinhole glasses over the years for reading, as and when I feel my sight is in need of a 'boost'. They're a bit of a pain to use, as only half a page of a book can be seen through a single 'pinhole', so I have to keep shifting the glasses - but I've noticed a definite and almost immediate improvement in my ability to focus.

I might try using an eyepatch; but how do I know which is my dominant eye?
  • There's probably a good test for eye dominance out there but I wouldn't worry about it for what I'm recommending. Just try on either eye and see if it affects your neck tension.
  • Im kinda tempted in getting a pair of these pinhole 'Eyebody' glasses. Until reading this thread had never heard of the Eyebody Method- Im presuming the 'method' is basically the Alexander Techique whilst wearing the pinhole glasses? In the past Ive been a sucker for alot of products that supposedly 'improve' your health but as this guy is familar with AT I might get a pair. I have certainly felt how eye strain can effect your posture and how AT can 'relax' your eyes more. I only ever wear glasses for the computer. To be honest I have not thought about the need to get out of the habit of wearing my usual glasses as my eyes feel more relaxed with them on, however thinking about it makes sense.

I cant imagine though wearing at work though in the office- bit embarrassing! Also, have to admire this guy in getting this type of product on the market since I cant imagine the 'average' person on the street being interested in wearing them- imagine what they would say on Dragon Den!